Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small butt, and flat

So, I've never cooked brisket (5lb) or pork butt (3.5lb) this small before. I'm going to go about 325 dome and see how we do. The brisket is marinating tonight and will get a splash of water in the morning. Ill recap tomorrow night.
image.jpg 2.3M
·

Comments

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Here is my post from a 8.5 lb flat I did that turned out really good. Flat out Tasty

I need to find a small brisket or pork butt to try out on my small egg just for fun. I'll be checking in to see how yours turnout! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    Definitely not the real thing here. The pork was salvageable but I had to chop it. The brisket was also fair at best. I need to do a couple grass roots cooks here. All this playing around with mediocre turn out is draining.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    Had no idea what I was going to see based on the title.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    Sadly that was the most promising part of this post
    ·