Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New BGE Owner 1st Turbo Pork Shoulder

I have had my BGE for about two weeks now and my first longer cook.  It was a 10lb bone in pork shoulder.  Cooked it 350 dome temp and about 320-330 grate temp.  Cooked for 7 hours to 205 then wrapped in foil and towels and transfered to the cooler for another 1.5 hours. 
·

Comments

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice job! It looks really good.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,276
    Looks good from here. How was it?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Thanks.  It turned out great, very tender and juicy.  Cooking on the egg made it so much easier.  Set the temp and can just walk away.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,906
    Looks great! Welcome and keep the posts coming! =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Very nice! Great smoke ring, Keep up the good work!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·