Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Meat Grinder?

my brother gave me a meat grinder for my birthday. has anyone on here ground their own meat? i'm thinking about doing brisket, fat back, and sirloin. i've never done this before. any and all suggestions would be appreciated thanks!!

Comments

• caneggercanegger Posts: 540
    Don't think my message got sent so I would keep it oiled and put the meat in the freezer for half an hour before grinding. You don't want it too hard but you don't want it too soft either
  • Use a 1/4" plate and do not second grind it, keep it "fluffy". For brisket, add a bit of fat. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 887
    Use a 1/4" plate and do not second grind it, keep it "fluffy". For brisket, add a bit of fat. 
    Maybe you meant to say for sirloin?

Gerhard