Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Swing Rack vs AR on an XL

I have a Woo so I can raise the swing rack direct.  I want a cast iron surface at some point - so the swing rack covers two bases there.  I don't foresee needing more real estate than two racks - I will mostly be using the second rack for super elevated direct cooks.  

I'm leaning toward the Swing Rack but I wanted to ask around if there was something I was missing about the AR that would change my mind?

Comments

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,841
    I have and love my swing rack on my large. Easy to get to the bottom rack, can be used with the platesetter I already had, and no need to buy a extra cast iron grate with its carbon steel grates. 

also great for two pizzas at the same time. (sorry for the picture, solar lights don't work the best for pictures)
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.