Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing Rack vs AR on an XL

Options
I have a Woo so I can raise the swing rack direct.  I want a cast iron surface at some point - so the swing rack covers two bases there.  I don't foresee needing more real estate than two racks - I will mostly be using the second rack for super elevated direct cooks.  

I'm leaning toward the Swing Rack but I wanted to ask around if there was something I was missing about the AR that would change my mind?

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I have and love my swing rack on my large. Easy to get to the bottom rack, can be used with the platesetter I already had, and no need to buy a extra cast iron grate with its carbon steel grates. 

also great for two pizzas at the same time. (sorry for the picture, solar lights don't work the best for pictures)
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.