Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Time Ribs?

I decided to make ribs for the Super Bowl and they turned out great.  Went with the 3-2-1 on four racks of BBR on the Large Egg.  Probably my best rib cook as far as texture and taste.  My only issue was that with 4 racks the two racks on the outside got charred on the bottom, as they were outside of the place setter.

I was thinking that by using a rib rack I could prevent that in the future.  Any thoughts?

Smoked at 250 Dome and 225 Grate. 
·

Comments

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,582
    A rib rack will definitely help keep them over the platesetter.  Another tip is to use foil or a large foil pan to give extra coverage for those that might hang over the plate setter.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,298
    A rib rack will definitely help keep them over the platesetter.  Another tip is to use foil or a large foil pan to give extra coverage for those that might hang over the plate setter.  
    What he said. I have a medium so I wrap the edges of the grid where the ribs will over hang the PS in foil. Otherwise I line my drip pan with AF and position it to do the same thing under the grid. It can be a little time consuming to do while the egg continues to increase in temp while the dome is up. I need to get some gloves for this stuff.
    ·
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203

+1 on the foil.

I have the same problem while cooking my BB's. I actually plug two sides of the platesetter with foil, but next time I think I'll try Eggcelsior's idea of wrapping the grid.

I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·