Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SB Cook - Pizza & Wangs!

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Had a very busy day juggling many things for our Super Bowl party!  Made 8 pizzas and some wings (yeah, you know which ones I like lol) for our guests and everything went over very well.  

For the hand tossed pies, I used this recipe: http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf  The first few 00 Flour pizza cooks were done with Caputo Red Bag.  For this one, I finally used my Caputo Pizzeria 00 Flour.  With the red bag, I had to lower the heat as it was charring a lil bit.  For this cook, I tried to cook em at the same temp (600F) and the 1st pie yelled at me and said "nice try, more heat please".  Bumped it up to 800F and the dough springed up...so I saw the differences 1st hand between the red and blue bag.

For the pan pizzas, I used @Zippylip 's recipe that he used for his mushroom pie:  http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1144692/mushroom-lovers-deep-dish-pizza/p1  Great for pan pizza so give it a try if you have not done so.  

I was busy, so I didn't get any underneath or sliced pics...but everything was goooooood.   :D

Pepperoni, canadian bacon, mushrooms, and sausage 

Hawaiian
Pepperoni and shrooms

Pepperoni and Italian Sausage

Basil and Olive Oil

Pepperoni

Pepperoni and Italian Sausage

Wangs!!

Thanks for looking!!   :)

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Those are some great looking pizzas and of course the wings many people tried to duplicate today! I use the same dough recipe but use 3 cups 00 and 1 cup semolina for a little extra taste and texture. I also follow the kitchenaid directions for any other dough I try. =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Cazzy, great cook - nice pies and of course your killer Wangs!

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options

8 pies AND wings??  (I'm no longer as proud of my one pizza)  The logistics of that must have been a nightmare. How did you pull that off?  It looks like you did at least two pan pizzas.  Do you have multiple CI skillets, or deep dish pans?  Did you have them both on at the same time?  Adjustable rig?  Did you cook these at 600 as well?  Multiple eggs?

Sorry man.  A million questions.  I'm just impressed, and would like to know if it's something I could pull off with one LBGE.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SaltySam said:

8 pies AND wings??  (I'm no longer as proud of my one pizza)  The logistics of that must have been a nightmare. How did you pull that off?  It looks like you did at least two pan pizzas.  Do you have multiple CI skillets, or deep dish pans?  Did you have them both on at the same time?  Adjustable rig?  Did you cook these at 600 as well?  Multiple eggs?

Sorry man.  A million questions.  I'm just impressed, and would like to know if it's something I could pull off with one LBGE.

Thanks!

I have a large and a small egg and both were used.

I used the large for the hand tossed pies and they cooked at 750-800F. I originally intended to use the large for all pies, but had to change my approach due to the temp change. I have an adjustable rig and used it, but only cooked on one level high in the dome. I didn't want to manage two pies at once as they cook super fast.

The small was used for two batches of wings, which were cooked at 400F indirect.

The pan pizzas were done in my oven and were done at 550F. After the first pie was finished, I let the CI pan cool...then set the dough and shower capped.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Charlie tuna
    Options
    Some seriously GOOD looking food here--- those wings look GREAT!