Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE mushroom and cognac sauce

GramblerGrambler Posts: 145
Tried this recipe tonight from the BGE cookbook. I don't normally do sauces with steak but wanted to try this one. Turned out really tasty.
image.jpg 795.6K

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,672
    Looks great....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • AltonAlton Posts: 443
    Recipe please ???
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 145
    Brown a tbsp of butter. Sauté 1/4 cup (I did way more) of mushrooms until tender (recipe calls for morels but I used cremini). Add 1/4 cup diced shallot and 2 cloves diced garlic and cook for another minute or so. Add 1/2 cup of brandy/cognac. This will ignite! Cook down by 2/3 and add 2 cups of heavy cream. Cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Also this can be fairly sweet so add a pinch at a time of cayenne pepper until it gets where you like it. Pretty easy!
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 145
    Btw since I did go heavier on the shrooms I ended up adding a bit of olive oil to the butter.