Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bone Marrow - HELP NOW PLEASE

I went to store to get a whole bird to do on egg.  I like to do my chicken indirect at 350*.  Any clue on if this will be a good set up for the impulse buy bone marrow I got?  Also, how do you know when marrow is done?  I've only eaten it at restaurants never cooked it myself.  Any help/guidance appreciated.
- EAT BEEF -
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,303
    Is it still in the bone or removed?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • tays44tays44 Posts: 93
    still in.  cut crosswise, not lengthwise, so they are round bones with marrow inside.
    - EAT BEEF -
    ·
    I've only done it with whole bones and I usually do it around 350* for a couple of hours. I like it when it is reduced in size by about 40-50%. You should be close.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • tays44tays44 Posts: 93
    ok thanks.
    - EAT BEEF -
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,149
    Recipe, and pics, will be appreciated; that sounds interesting!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    Just thinking, with the bone sliced that way you may get some nice caramelisation on top. I'm hungry now!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·