Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bone Marrow - HELP NOW PLEASE

I went to store to get a whole bird to do on egg.  I like to do my chicken indirect at 350*.  Any clue on if this will be a good set up for the impulse buy bone marrow I got?  Also, how do you know when marrow is done?  I've only eaten it at restaurants never cooked it myself.  Any help/guidance appreciated.
- EAT BEEF -
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    Is it still in the bone or removed?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • tays44tays44 Posts: 93
    still in.  cut crosswise, not lengthwise, so they are round bones with marrow inside.
    - EAT BEEF -
    ·
    I've only done it with whole bones and I usually do it around 350* for a couple of hours. I like it when it is reduced in size by about 40-50%. You should be close.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • tays44tays44 Posts: 93
    ok thanks.
    - EAT BEEF -
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,207
    Recipe, and pics, will be appreciated; that sounds interesting!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    Just thinking, with the bone sliced that way you may get some nice caramelisation on top. I'm hungry now!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·