Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Modified Travis Method

rustypottsrustypotts Posts: 265
I started with the Travis method.  It looked like it was just going to boil so I have placed a grid on top of the pan and am going straight smoke.  This is also my first attempt at posting a pic.
IMGP0277.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 2M
IMGP0279.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 2M
IMGP0280.JPG
3648 x 2736 - 2M
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,681
    When my pan boils to hot, I just keep adding the last few sips of my shiner to replace the evaporated liquid. You have to drink fast though.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,681
    When my pan boils to hot, I just keep adding the last few sips of my shiner to replace the evaporated liquid. You have to drink fast though.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • This is my first brisket so I'll probably screw it up.  The sauce is very good so I will eventually baste with it. 
    ·
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Basting will soften/ruin your bark. I'd skip it.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown.

Birmingham, AL
    ·
  • Some weather came through and I had a weird drop in grid temp.  I opened up the damper and the temp seems to be crawling back up.  We are patiently waiting.
    IMGP0276.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    ·
  • I pulled it at about 201.  The flat is good but a little drier than I would like.  The point is delicious....just about perfect.  Do you think I should have pulled it earlier?  I had the probe in the flat. 
    IMGP0281.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    IMGP0282.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    IMGP0283.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    IMGP0284.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    ·