Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Egg, First Post

2»

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,617
    Maybe I missed it, but LS (@Little_Steven) is the guy for vertical chickens, he does them standing on their heads. 

He also cooks in weather similar to yours. I spatchcock mine now, haven't done a vertical bird with or without injection for quite awhile. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • AlbertaEggerAlbertaEgger Posts: 1,123

First cook turned out great!!!!!!! Crispy skin and perfect temp. Thanks for all the tips i have been reading. Not to sure i will have much use for the gas grill anymore.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,980
    Man  I don't even own a gasser anymore. Been 7 years since I did and even then it was egg stuff storage for six years. Nice job on the birds sir!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,581
    Looks awesome Albertaegger!!!
    I hope my first cook comes out as good.
    :-c
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Don't know how you guys do it, it's 26F here today and I started a fire in my old Weber to keep me warm whilst prepping the egg!
    Lynnwood WA
  • AlbertaEggerAlbertaEgger Posts: 1,123
    It was actually pretty nice out today. Sun was out, beer was cold, fire was going, and food was cooking, so all was good.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,546
    Looks awesome buddy. Great job.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,980
    Maybe I missed it, but LS (@Little_Steven) is the guy for vertical chickens, he does them standing on their heads. 

He also cooks in weather similar to yours. I spatchcock mine now, haven't done a vertical bird with or without injection for quite awhile. 
    Non mon frere, 50* farehieght today in the banana belt

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,617
    Yeah, but it's coming.......I'd harvest those bananas....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.