Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

10 lb Bone in Butt - 22hrs at 225 - 190 degrees now

So....hungry.... Neighborhood is awash in porky goodness aromas. This butt is taking a long freaking time. Bone is still firmly set. Must resist....

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,581
    All the low and slow has done it's good. Crank her up to 300 or higher to finish. Use 250* in future.

Caledon, ON

• Agreed. Don't really lose anything cooking at. 250 vs 225.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    I have done a couple that took 17 hours. Turned out great. Good luck
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    I had take 24 hours, after 22 I kicked up the temp to 300 to finish. Pure magic, can't screw up a pork butt!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • Turned out great! I ended up checking temp in a few spots with my shiny new super-ultra-mega fast white Thermapen and found I had a lot of locations between 195 and 198. Thanks for the advice everyone! Good stuff as usual :)