Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

10 lb Bone in Butt - 22hrs at 225 - 190 degrees now

So....hungry.... Neighborhood is awash in porky goodness aromas. This butt is taking a long freaking time. Bone is still firmly set. Must resist....
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    All the low and slow has done it's good. Crank her up to 300 or higher to finish. Use 250* in future.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Agreed. Don't really lose anything cooking at. 250 vs 225.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    I have done a couple that took 17 hours. Turned out great. Good luck
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    I had take 24 hours, after 22 I kicked up the temp to 300 to finish. Pure magic, can't screw up a pork butt!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
    ·
  • Turned out great! I ended up checking temp in a few spots with my shiny new super-ultra-mega fast white Thermapen and found I had a lot of locations between 195 and 198. Thanks for the advice everyone! Good stuff as usual :)
    ·