Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cooking for a CROWD

Yesterday I made my XL-BGE available for a group of guys that wants to cook 30 lbs of prime rib and 4 turkey breasts.  I almost certain that I can also get access to my daughter's boyfriends Medium-BGE.  They are hoping to serve around noon.  One of the guys has actually used a BGE several times.

I think we have a "plan" of sorts to get all of this done and I think it is a good plan. However, I am still a newbie with the BGE.  So, any suggestions anyone has would be most helpful.

Note: I do note have a temperature controller (yet).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mimaulermimauler Posts: 135
    If you can get the medium I'd do the prime rib on that.  Four turkey breasts will take up a lot of space.  What do you have to cook with adj rig?  I'd be doing the turkey raised direct and the prime rib indirect and then seared.
  • Thanks for the suggestions.  Indirect is no problem.  May have to spring for the accessory to raise the turkey.  Last turkey I did was indirect and it turned out very well.  Haven't played with anything raised yet.  Thanks again!