Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking for a CROWD

Options
Yesterday I made my XL-BGE available for a group of guys that wants to cook 30 lbs of prime rib and 4 turkey breasts.  I almost certain that I can also get access to my daughter's boyfriends Medium-BGE.  They are hoping to serve around noon.  One of the guys has actually used a BGE several times.

I think we have a "plan" of sorts to get all of this done and I think it is a good plan. However, I am still a newbie with the BGE.  So, any suggestions anyone has would be most helpful.

Note: I do note have a temperature controller (yet).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mimauler
    mimauler Posts: 136
    Options
    If you can get the medium I'd do the prime rib on that.  Four turkey breasts will take up a lot of space.  What do you have to cook with adj rig?  I'd be doing the turkey raised direct and the prime rib indirect and then seared.
  • BBQ_Greg
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.  Indirect is no problem.  May have to spring for the accessory to raise the turkey.  Last turkey I did was indirect and it turned out very well.  Haven't played with anything raised yet.  Thanks again!