Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT: How do you cook Chorizo?

BotchBotch Posts: 2,289
I used to love this stuff with my Huevos Rancheros when I lived in Albuturkey and hit Little Anita's for breakfast.  I visited a local hispanic market and found chorizo here in Utard, it comes in a flexible tube like breakfast sausage.
Anyway, I tried frying some up molded into a pattie this morning to go with my own HR, but the stuff fell completely apart.  It also shrunk down to less than half the original volume (it did leave lots of delicious, red grease to fry my corn tortilla in).
I was able to lift most of the meat out with a spatula, but it was pretty messy and I'm sure glad I didn't try cooking chorizo patties on my Egg!  So, how do you guys cook this stuff (it was delicious, just messy).  

(I also just noticed that smilies aren't available on New Topics....? )

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.  

Comments