Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg!

Just want to say Hi...my wife got me a Large Egg for xmas.  I used it every day this week...didn't make anything crazy yet.  The biggest thing I made was beer can chicken, every time I've made it before I ALWAYS manage to dry out the breast, not this time!  It came out awesome, everybody was saying how juicy it came out, and the perfect amount of smoke flavor (using apple wood).  Either I just didn't over cook for the first time ever or the egg helped me out. :)  

Can't wait to make more stuff on it...I was planning on going to get a pizza stone and making pizza today, but it's supposed to snow the entire day.  I'm tempted to still do it....just not sure if I feel like grilling in the snow...

I know, I know...I need pics...don't have any yet, but soon!

Comments

• Welcome. Pics are nice, but just posting is participating. 
    For years beer can was the way to do chicken. Spatchcocking is easier, and provides better results. Give it a go. 
    Spatchcocking means to cut out the backbone, open (butterfly) the bird  and lay it bone side down on the grid. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Welcome to the cult, errr, family! You will find the EGG to be an amazing cooking machine. Speaking of spatchcocking chicken this is how I do turkeys on my large and they are fantastic. Pizza is wonderful even store bought pizza baked in the EGG.

One thing about cooking on the EGG it makes going out not so special anymore as I always feel I could do a better job. Now I know what pulled pork should be like, and wings that are not deep fried, grilled vegi sandwiches, fresh baked bread, the list goes on.

Enjoy and keep active on the board.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Welcome- one of the first things I recommend is a digital thermometer- that way you can be sure things are done where you want them
    Greensboro, NC