Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Years Eve Standing rib roast

I'm prepping a 7 bone whole standing rib roast for New Years Eve. I boned a 4 rib section on the loin end and tied it to form a uniform cylinder, this will be dinner on the 31st. I made a nice beef stock with the bones and other stuff for a gravy, the beef stock mixture will be in a pan under the grate to collect the juices that the roast gives up. Cooking at 250 indirect to an internal temp. of 115-118 and then sear all sides. The remaining 3 bone rib end will be dry aged for the next 28 days.
Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,441
    That sounds like an excellent plan!

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    WOW.... Nice to be you.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,124
    My son tells me it sucks to be me, but I'll be feeling pretty good after this is done for dinner and some sammies on New Years Day. =))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
  • Sounds like it will be a happy new year for sure! 

We have about a 2 slice portion left of our Christmas prime rib.  Will be sad to see it go tomorrow at lunch!
    Knoxville, TN