Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Cook

Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had to go to the wife's MeMaw's today so they could make some dressing for me to take to the fire station on Christmas.  Thought I wasn't going to be able to do my first cook on the Egg tonight.  Got home at 6:30 with plenty of time before the rain hit.  Decided to do a real simple Cedar Planked Salmon with Bacon Wrapped Eggsparagus...hahaha!  Did it at about 380 for +/- 20 min.  Turned out delicious.  The best part was, after the wife took the first bite of the Salmon, she said, "Oh yeah!"  Made me feel better about the purchase.  Here's some pics.  Sorry, forgot pics of the finished product, too hungry! 
3.jpg 33.9K
4.jpg 36.4K
·

Comments

• Sounds like your off to a good start.  Oh just wait, the more you cook the better you get.  If it goes anything like mine, It starts as Oh yeah! and ends with "I'm glad "we" decided to buy an egg." 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Impressive first cook. Welcome, and looking forward to future cooks.
  • Bham_eggerBham_egger Posts: 196
    edited December 2012
    Sounds like your off to a good start.  Oh just wait, the more you cook the better you get.  If it goes anything like mine, It starts as Oh yeah! and ends with "I'm glad "we" decided to buy an egg." 

I see that happening in the near future.

·
  • Well done and congrats! Mine starts with "Oh yeah!" and ends with "Oh Baby, Baby!" Merry Christmas!
    ·
  • Look at that nice clean as a whistle interior - like a new car. 
    My baby has been around the block, but she still satisfies. 

Thanks for sharing
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Congratulations on your purchase and your successful first cook. I see your fellow firemen keeping your egg busy . Anything you want to know just keep visiting this site , there is somebody who has tried before . Lots of information and nearly everyone willing to share it, just remember sometimes there is more than one way to accomplish your goal, you just have to pick the one that works for you !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • Nice!
    HOTTY TODDY!
    ·