Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib

Options
I have been cooking Prime Rib for my family at Christmas. I am looking for a new tried and tested recipe to do a Prime Rib on my egg. Can anyone share?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,348
    Options
    Just scroll on down the opening page here-there are at least two threads running on prime rib right now.  Absent that give the search a shot.  Lots of material this time of year!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @pdrake2511 - check this link, although not specific to the egg, it has some great information.

This one is from a fellow member here and is also very good. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1265110/#Comment_1265110

Basically, low and slow with a finish sear. Use a paste, rather than just a rub. 

Enjoy
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Options
    Go to firecooker.com and check out Dr. BBQ's Christmas prime rib.  I've done it several times and have always gotten rave reviews.
  • palmbeachphil
    Options
    I did a 4 inch thick rib steak tonight, modified Dr BBQ's recipe.  did the worchester sauce but had no montreal steak seasoning instead used Badias cajun season. cooked it at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, int temp 125. rested for 15 minutes. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    I did a 4 inch thick rib steak tonight, modified Dr BBQ's recipe.  did the worchester sauce but had no montreal steak seasoning instead used Badias cajun season. cooked it at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, int temp 125. rested for 15 minutes. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!
    Ok, I'm all for a little editorial latitude and opinion, but to me a 4" thick cut is a roast, not a steak. Glad it turned out to your liking....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • 3bailey3
    Options
    i just pulled mine at 125, letting rest now, not real sure how to slice, any help guys, it has three bones..
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Run your knife along the curve of the bones and remove the meat.  Just keep close to the bones.  You can then easily slice the roast.
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    3bailey3 said:
    i just pulled mine at 125, letting rest now, not real sure how to slice, any help guys, it has three bones..
    See, I told you so, you should have pulled the bones before the cook.....