Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lid of dome isn't even

Options
My lid isn't perfectly even anymore, it sits a couple of centimeters to the back. I still have a good seal, but feel it should perfectly match up. Shoul I be concerned?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    The key is the seal/dollar bill test-if that's fine then don't worry about the alignment although your post implies that it was once "perfectly even".  If things have moved-check the tightness of your bands-no need for a humpty-dumpty experience!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    YouTube big green egg gasket...there's a few videos showing how to line up the egg.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    A couple of centimeters sounds like a fair amount. I'd try to realign it if I was you. try adjusting the upper band first. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • JHazard
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!