Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas came early

The wife got me a Global GF-31 boning knife. Maybe not much to some here but its my first real Kitchen knife. And since I do mostly meats and whole veggies I think this will work out great for me. 

Comments

• Don't run down your knife, James.  Your wife bought that just for you!  You should see my knives.  Chicago Cutlery.  Pretty crappy!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Thanks Fred I didn't mean to sound like i was running it down... I am totally stoooooked about this knife. Cannot wait to get some ribs and get to work on them with it. Looks like I will have to get me a whetstone for it. (I usually use crock sticks to sharpen with...) 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    That's awesome! I need to get me a good knife. I've heard good things about that global so please let us know how it works out.

I also want to get a Victorinox 12-Inch Granton Edge knife for cutting brisket.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Great knife, control the enthusiasm when you use it, hate to hear you did some personal damage. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!