Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Question on gasket replacement

I have large egg and replaced gasket tonight along with adding new larger handle. I attempted to adjust hood to the tightest fit possible but still notice that when performing dollar test slides easy only in couple of places. Is there other methods to adjust lid for tighter fit. I adjusted the bands and then tighten then bolts to where they have slight bend. Gasket was not stretched and went on easy. Haven't lit egg due to time for gaskets to set up.
Wasn't sure if adjustments can be made to spring to make even tighter or how to achieve snug fit with dollar test all the way around

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,489
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    I can't remember the name but search YouTube for BGE gasket.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • If you are lucky the bands will snug up evenly.  I readjust mine 2-3 times a years and I always check the bolts for tightness.  Repeated heating and cooling cycles will cause the bands to loosen somewhat over time.  I am about 1/16" out of alignment but the seal is good.  No sense messing with it if it works.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!