Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

spatched chicken

All the good thing I have read on this forum I had to try it myself. Haven't eaten it yet. Waiting for the wife to get home but looks good.
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    Spatchcocked chicken is very good
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • This is the pic I tried to upload last night but was boarder line throwing my phone in the egg.  It was wonderful.  My 3 older daughters and wife all went to town.  Will be doing this again and soon.  Happy Thanks giving to all of you.
    ·
  • Great looking bird - thanks for sharing....

Skin has nice color. Don't know if you used this or not, but a light dusting with corn starch, and a misting of oil will crisp up the skin when using an indirect cook. Lately, after rubbing under the skin, I've taken to mixing corn starch 1:1 with my rub. Dust the bird and then a fine mist of oil if the starch/rub is still dry. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,346
    Looks really good. This is our favorite way to cook a whole chicken. Always excellent. I'm going to try the cornstarch trick next time.
    Barry Lancaster, PA
    ·