Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Plano eggfest

Did I read the other day that someone at Plano made jalapenos, wrapped in bacon, stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough?  If so, temp and cook time?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    My sister was the one who egged those in Plano. She said 300-325 indirect, raised grid until they look done. She says the trick is not to over-stuff them.
  • It would seem that mini chips would be best?

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• CactusCactus Posts: 12
    I lucked out and got one at their tent just before the last few samples went. It was fascinating to my taste buds. The tastes come together very well. I loved 'em.

The same team also had the absolute moistest, tastiest beer bratwurst I've ever had; and super nice folks. Definitely my favorite tent of the day.  
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    My sister will love to read your comments, to be sure!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,075
    Dang. I was right next to their tent and never got one of those japs. I did get some taco soup, among other things, though.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Going to give these a try tonight for our office Christmas party.
    Edina, MN

• Anyone have the Taco soup recipe??
  • Here is one I've done

I had planned to do this on the egg entirely but the weather was lousy. Grilled the chicken and tomatoes on the egg at least.

Some rich chicken stock I made yeterday, jalapenos, dried passilas, onion, garlic, burned tomatoes, cilantro stems and achiotte.
    Fried tortilla strips
    Garnished with cilantro, avacado, red onion and queso fresca

Steve 

Caledon, ON