Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spare ribs - anyone do non-St. Louis style?

And if so, how do they come out? Doing spares for my first time an thinking about just pulling the membrane off, rubbing, and putting on grill. Anyone so it this way?

• Love spares. I do them that way all the time. I do trim the flap off the back though. It dries out if you don't. Just throw it on next to the ribs and it will be a nice snack for you in the middle of the cook.

• I cut the flap off and throw it in the pintos I usually do for a side.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
    Awesome - thanks guys. Cut it off and cooking beside fhe ribs. Went simple - rub and cook at 250 planning for 5 hrs sauce and cook another hr 300. Ran out of pecan rub so supplemented with dizzy dust (used last of that) and topped off with a tiny bit of bad Byron's...just so I'd have the whole thing covered. Was definitely ill prepared!
  • Sounds perfect. I'm doing the exact same cook as we speak.