Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

WOK: thai curried vegetables

NDGNDG Posts: 861
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Found a good fall-time wok recipe from the book "The Complete Stir-Fry Cookbook" and turned out great.  No meat but very hearty meal that included: zucchini/coconut-milk/fish-sauce/onion/GREEN CURRY PASTE/snake-beans/red-bell-pepper/broccoli/lime/lime-rind/cabbage/brown-sugar.  Here are some pics in order, total cook time around 20 mins on wok . .
imageimage
Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,919
    edited October 2012
    While I am not a curry, or particularly Thai food fan I have had good meals done that way.  My oldest daughter is more interested in this.  You've done what looks like a good job, and provided us with a nice essay.  Bravo!
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,645
    Great looking meal.  There are wonderful Thai sites with recipes.

I like this one and has great videos about cooking.

http://atasteofthai.com/

Here is a Thai eggplant I like to use but hard to find outside the oriental community.
    They are about 2 inch diameter.

• GLWGLW Posts: 178

bookmarked!

Thanks

When in doubt add more pepper.
  • NDGNDG Posts: 861
    Thanks Doc, the BGE wok is great. It was the first time I have used the Wok for anything other than a true high heat "stir-fry" as the liquid  (~2 cups total with 1 cup water and 1 can coconut milk) came in early.  It was such a nice night outside I did not mind sitting over the wok for another 15 minutes while the liquid simmered and more ingredients came into play with an addition every 4-5 minutes.  The Green Curry Paste seemed to be key, here is a pic of the brand I used . . 

I will keep an eye out for the thai eggplant - looks interesting and thanks for commenting!

Columbus, Ohio