Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOK: thai curried vegetables

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Found a good fall-time wok recipe from the book "The Complete Stir-Fry Cookbook" and turned out great.  No meat but very hearty meal that included: zucchini/coconut-milk/fish-sauce/onion/GREEN CURRY PASTE/snake-beans/red-bell-pepper/broccoli/lime/lime-rind/cabbage/brown-sugar.  Here are some pics in order, total cook time around 20 mins on wok . .
imageimage
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited October 2012
    Options
    While I am not a curry, or particularly Thai food fan I have had good meals done that way.  My oldest daughter is more interested in this.  You've done what looks like a good job, and provided us with a nice essay.  Bravo!

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Great looking meal.  There are wonderful Thai sites with recipes.

I like this one and has great videos about cooking.

http://atasteofthai.com/

Here is a Thai eggplant I like to use but hard to find outside the oriental community.
    They are about 2 inch diameter.

• GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Options

bookmarked!

Thanks

When in doubt add more pepper.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Thanks Doc, the BGE wok is great. It was the first time I have used the Wok for anything other than a true high heat "stir-fry" as the liquid  (~2 cups total with 1 cup water and 1 can coconut milk) came in early.  It was such a nice night outside I did not mind sitting over the wok for another 15 minutes while the liquid simmered and more ingredients came into play with an addition every 4-5 minutes.  The Green Curry Paste seemed to be key, here is a pic of the brand I used . . 

I will keep an eye out for the thai eggplant - looks interesting and thanks for commenting!

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”