Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Adjustable Rig Question

Grillin_G_MaGrillin_G_Ma Posts: 94
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
If I buy the adjustable rig, would I still use the platesetter? Thanks for your help.
·

Comments

• EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Once I got an adjustable rig I got a pizza stone to use for indirect cooking and never used the plate setter again.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,908
    What he said.  I don't own a plate setter as I use a pizza stone with my rig.
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • cazzy said:
    What he said.  I don't own a plate setter as I use a pizza stone with my rig.
    Me too.  A stone on the spider and sometimes also a larger stone on the rig for double indirect or sometimes just the larger stone on the rig.  Just depends on what I'm doing.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,812
    Wish most places did not make it a set ( plate setter & egg). Just don't use it now that I have adj rig set up.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,641

Buy another large, get with the program! lol

After the AR, I still preferred to bake with platesetter.  Indirects were dedicated to AR.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    i've got both, it depends on how much and what im cooking. I like doing pizza with the plate setter legs up and the 13 inch stone on the GASP grid extender. Works well. a couple shoulders, AR 2 levels, each one goes in an aluminum disposable pan for easy clean up. Chicken raised top level direct. It's nice to have options, and if i ever get another large, im ready.
    ·