Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Adjustable Rig Question

Grillin_G_MaGrillin_G_Ma Posts: 94
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
If I buy the adjustable rig, would I still use the platesetter? Thanks for your help.
·

Comments

• EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Once I got an adjustable rig I got a pizza stone to use for indirect cooking and never used the plate setter again.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,938
    What he said.  I don't own a plate setter as I use a pizza stone with my rig.
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • cazzy said:
    What he said.  I don't own a plate setter as I use a pizza stone with my rig.
    Me too.  A stone on the spider and sometimes also a larger stone on the rig for double indirect or sometimes just the larger stone on the rig.  Just depends on what I'm doing.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Wish most places did not make it a set ( plate setter & egg). Just don't use it now that I have adj rig set up.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • FockerFocker Posts: 1,787

Buy another large, get with the program! lol

After the AR, I still preferred to bake with platesetter.  Indirects were dedicated to AR.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    i've got both, it depends on how much and what im cooking. I like doing pizza with the plate setter legs up and the 13 inch stone on the GASP grid extender. Works well. a couple shoulders, AR 2 levels, each one goes in an aluminum disposable pan for easy clean up. Chicken raised top level direct. It's nice to have options, and if i ever get another large, im ready.
    ·