Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tuesday night with the swing rack, ribs,chicken and sides.

BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 427
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Always wanted to do a spatchcock chicken and ribs @ the same time. I love my new swing rack.
2012-10-09_19-37-15_214.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 958K
2012-10-09_20-36-35_892.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 2M
2012-10-09_20-41-17_268.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 1M
2012-10-09_20-43-38_989.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 1M
Edina, MN

Comments

• setdahooksetdahook Posts: 103
    Looks great! I think I have had hobo potatoes the last three weekends, I add a bit of adobo with olive oil and probably too much butter to be healthy.
  • I envision your tough choice.  What get cooked on the top grate?  Do you want the ribs to drip on your chicken or your chicken to drip on your ribs?  A very tasty dilema indeed.  It may require more research (just a suggestion).

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 427

I envision your tough choice.  What get cooked on the top grate?  Do you want the ribs to drip on your chicken or your chicken to drip on your ribs?  A very tasty dilema indeed.  It may require more research (just a suggestion).

Next time I try the opposite.  Weird thing was that this was the best spatchcock chicken I have made, it maybe that it was cooked higher in the dome.  As you suggested more research needs to be done.

Edina, MN
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    I do chicken on the top rack and ribs in the bottom. I add the chicken with about an hour and a half left of the rib cook. Tasty as all can be. I haven't noticed chicken taste on the ribs. If so, they mix well.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93