Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My Brisket cook starting to get a little better

tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 150
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Decided to give Brisket another try for the big Husker game this past weekend. It's starting to get a little better

Rubbed it down the night before with DP Raising the steaks, took out Friday night and let it get to room temp. Set up my tent outside because of the snow and rain falling. Put it on the egg at about 11:30pm. Used some Cherry chips and Hickory chunks set for indirect at 300. Cooked to 200 degrees when I did the probe test. Pulled off at 1:30pm on Saturday, then seperated the point and flat. FTC'd the flat and chopped up the point mixed with some more rub and Gates BBQ sauce and back on the smoker for an hour. It all turned pretty good, definetly better than the game turned out.

• DonWWDonWW Posts: 268
    Nice looking cook.  Next time - a pic after a slice or two has been carved! 

And now I remember why my wife was so insistent we move from Lincoln back to Dallas!
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.