Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My Brisket cook starting to get a little better

tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 147
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Decided to give Brisket another try for the big Husker game this past weekend. It's starting to get a little better

Rubbed it down the night before with DP Raising the steaks, took out Friday night and let it get to room temp. Set up my tent outside because of the snow and rain falling. Put it on the egg at about 11:30pm. Used some Cherry chips and Hickory chunks set for indirect at 300. Cooked to 200 degrees when I did the probe test. Pulled off at 1:30pm on Saturday, then seperated the point and flat. FTC'd the flat and chopped up the point mixed with some more rub and Gates BBQ sauce and back on the smoker for an hour. It all turned pretty good, definetly better than the game turned out.

Brisket cook 001.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
Brisket cook 002.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M
Brisket cook 004.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments