Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Brisket cook starting to get a little better

Options
tyenic1
tyenic1 Posts: 150
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Decided to give Brisket another try for the big Husker game this past weekend. It's starting to get a little better

Rubbed it down the night before with DP Raising the steaks, took out Friday night and let it get to room temp. Set up my tent outside because of the snow and rain falling. Put it on the egg at about 11:30pm. Used some Cherry chips and Hickory chunks set for indirect at 300. Cooked to 200 degrees when I did the probe test. Pulled off at 1:30pm on Saturday, then seperated the point and flat. FTC'd the flat and chopped up the point mixed with some more rub and Gates BBQ sauce and back on the smoker for an hour. It all turned pretty good, definetly better than the game turned out.

Comments

• DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    Nice looking cook.  Next time - a pic after a slice or two has been carved! 

And now I remember why my wife was so insistent we move from Lincoln back to Dallas!
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.