Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gotta love when a brisket flat comes out right.

Dave in FloridaDave in Florida Posts: 850
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Did a brisket flat tonight.  275 dome, indirect, with 2 chunks of Hickory and 2 chunks of Oak.  Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks was the rub.  When it it the 170 stall, I put it in a pan with beef broth and let it go to 205 internal.  Turned out very moist, tender and great flavor, no need for sauce on this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!

Comments

• awesome. I haven't gotten a flat right in quite a while. Nice work

Those flats are so hit and miss.  I have done one that you just go WOW.  Then some that you go WOW, what the heck did I do wrong?
    :))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    Those flats are so hit and miss.  I have done one that you just go WOW.  Then some that you go WOW, what the heck did I do wrong?
    :))

amen. I'm scared of them. I won't even try them anymore :)