Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket Rub

Medic72072Medic72072 Posts: 23
edited September 2012 in Sauces, Rubs, Marinades
What is a good pre-made or recipe for a good brisket run? I use Cow Lick rub from Dizzy Pig. I really like it but wanted to try something different. Thanks, Mike

Comments

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,124
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,387
    just made one with red eye express was really good 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • I like Peppered Cow from Simply Marvelous.
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    I really like Bobby Flay's pork rub with two extra tablespoons of dark brown sugar. A web search will bring it right up.
    Good luck.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Sorry, you said brisket not pork. Salt and a lot of black pepper for beef.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • Equal parts coarse black pepper and kosher salt, then half that amount of each onion powder and garlic powder.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,357

Like Might_Quinn suggested,  I favor the coarse pepper and minced garlic.  I find the bigger size seasonings provide a better bark texture on brisket.  Prior to the dry rub, add a little Worcestershire drizzle and rub on the meat.  t   
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Texas BBQ Grand Champion or Bills All Purpose Seasoning, made in San Saba, TX.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.