Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket Rub

Medic72072Medic72072 Posts: 23
edited September 2012 in Sauces, Rubs, Marinades
What is a good pre-made or recipe for a good brisket run? I use Cow Lick rub from Dizzy Pig. I really like it but wanted to try something different. Thanks, Mike
·

Comments

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    just made one with red eye express was really good 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • I like Peppered Cow from Simply Marvelous.
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    I really like Bobby Flay's pork rub with two extra tablespoons of dark brown sugar. A web search will bring it right up.
    Good luck.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • GLWGLW Posts: 178
    Sorry, you said brisket not pork. Salt and a lot of black pepper for beef.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
    ·
  • Equal parts coarse black pepper and kosher salt, then half that amount of each onion powder and garlic powder.
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,300

Like Might_Quinn suggested,  I favor the coarse pepper and minced garlic.  I find the bigger size seasonings provide a better bark texture on brisket.  Prior to the dry rub, add a little Worcestershire drizzle and rub on the meat.  t   
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • Texas BBQ Grand Champion or Bills All Purpose Seasoning, made in San Saba, TX.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·