Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET732 probe temp discrepancy

Options
Baysidebob
Baysidebob Posts: 489
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Awhile back there was a thread on this and for the life of me and my limited skills I can't find it so please forgive me for a double-post.

A member noticed a 4 degree discrepancy between his meat and grid readings when they were in the same place.  I noticed the same a few days ago and blew it off as everything came out fine.  Today I took the mav out of the deck box, turned it on and both read the same.  I placed it on the granite counter and soon there was a 4 degree discrepancy.  I heated some water, place both probes in and in about 20 seconds they read the same.

Conclusion:  The probes are constructed differently and don't respond to temp changes with the same quickness.  It was also an opportunity to calibrate the dome thermo in boiling water and it was spot on.  The trick with the dome is after installing adjust it to vertical by turning it from the INSIDE of the dome.

I'm a temp-Nazi as are many of you.  Hope it helps

Good Grillin'

bob

My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments