Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What can I use this for? (cast iron)

2»

Comments

• inkyoninkyon Posts: 88
    It is what you wanted to do and it is how you roll with. Nothing wrong with it while I just simply think Griswold is a special item.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,341
    I agree.  Now that I know more than I used to about them.  Just didn't appreciate them as much not knowing.

• FockerFocker Posts: 1,477
    edited August 2012

It's a fish fry pan for a sportsman grill/hibachi like this one made by Lodge.

You've basically got two joined skillets. Have fun with it. 

A cool dad ya got there.  Mine has called a couple of times to read the markings over the phone to see if the price is good.    

This is currently for sale but pickup only.

Fresh new grapeseed paint.

$50

Hard to put this up for sale, but I just don't use it much with the eggs now.  Pound for pound, the best hibachi on the market.  Great side burners for #8 skillets or DOs.

001.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 3M
    003.JPG
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "The most important ingredient in cooking is restraint."--Chris Bianco

• boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,261

I have a specific use in mind -- $65...

Should we lobby the moderator for a bid button on here?   LOL

Cookin in Texas
  • llrickmanllrickman Posts: 476
    I think it would make a fantastic drip pad for the Mad Max Thanksgiving Turkey.    Make the gravy right in it
    That was my Exact thought too  Id cut the handles and use it all the time especially at Thanksgiving
    One LBGE
    soon to have a Mini Max
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    edited August 2012
    I personally think it is a beautiful piece and I wouldn't go cutting, grinding, or welding on it. But that's just me.

I would season it and use it in my kitchen oven or on the stovetop. It looks like it would be perfect for a turkey or large roast, ham, paella or jambalaya. Bacon. Many things...

Then, if you do ever get an XL BGE, it will be very handy there, too.

Tim
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,359
    ratcheer said:
    I personally think it is a beautiful piece and I wouldn't go cutting, grinding, or welding on it. But that's just me.

I would season it and use it in my kitchen oven or on the stovetop. It looks like it would be perfect for a turkey or large roast, ham, paella or jambalaya. Bacon. Many things...

Tim
    +1 best plan yet 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Update, grill is sold and awaiting pickup tomorrow thanks to craigslist.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

edited August 2012
    boatbum said:

I have a specific use in mind -- $65...

Should we lobby the moderator for a bid button on here?   LOL

Shipping will add at least another twenty

May be a little narrow for a roasting pan

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 212
    Lowflyer said:
    Your right bigphil. I got so excited that I never questioned the size. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I wonder if someone could heat those handles and bend them up so that it would fit the LBGE. You would still be able to use the handles and that would be an awesome cooking pot.
    You can bend some cast irons a little bit if you heat them up to white hot, but 90 degrees is too much of a bend.

• GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 212
    How about cutting them off and then just welding the rounded part closer to the main section. You could also cut them off and drill some holes in the main section so you could use a couple hooks to lift it. I would sure find a way to use it if it was mine.
    You could do either

• LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 678
    Trust me, it's gonna get used on the Egg come hell or high water. I wanna start playing w/ cast iron and this will be fun!!! Stay tuned!! I'm thinking Paella.
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 760
    Fish. Perfect idea. And +1 on Griswold.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    bigphil said:
    ratcheer said:

Tim
    +1 best plan yet 
    Thanks!

Tim