Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lasagna success!

BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Been wanting to make a tasty veggie lasagna for ever (1st lasagna I've ever made). It was great! Even made my own sauce (cheated with a can of crushed maters).
I think that a little oak, left over from my last smoke, got in the veggies which gave the flavor a little more depth.
IMG_0521.JPG 666.5K
IMG_0522.JPG 518.6K
IMG_0523.JPG 520.4K
IMG_0524.JPG 511.8K
IMG_0525.JPG 465.9K
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks great!
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    looks great smoke lasagna is fantastic 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • lakewadelakewade Posts: 372
    I will have to try that.  We just picked up a bunch of Hatch Chilis...maybe those would go good in something like this.  Thanks for the post!

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
    ·
  • Looking good! Of course the caveman in me says it'd be better with some dead flesh :)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • Looks fantastic... well done, well done!
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Looking good! Of course the caveman in me says it'd be better with some dead flesh :)
    Ha! I'd agree but my M-I-L makes a meat (ground beef and Italian sausage) lasagna at least twice a month and even though I love my M-I-L her lasagna could use a little help... I think some fried sausage will make a nice addition to this recipe in the future along with some spinach.
    ·
  • BRush00BRush00 Posts: 315
    *drool*

Looks great - I love the grilled veggies idea, hadn't thought about that.

I usually like a combo of meat and veggie (meat lasagna's boring, and veggie lasagna's missing meat), but I very well may try this sometime soon.... perhaps this weekend.... *crosses fingers*
    [Insert clever signature line here]
    ·