Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lasagna success!

Options
Brownie
Brownie Posts: 1,023
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Been wanting to make a tasty veggie lasagna for ever (1st lasagna I've ever made). It was great! Even made my own sauce (cheated with a can of crushed maters).
I think that a little oak, left over from my last smoke, got in the veggies which gave the flavor a little more depth.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks great!
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    looks great smoke lasagna is fantastic 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    I will have to try that.  We just picked up a bunch of Hatch Chilis...maybe those would go good in something like this.  Thanks for the post!

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • JerkChicken
    Options
    Looking good! Of course the caveman in me says it'd be better with some dead flesh :)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • WickedIsland
    Options
    Looks fantastic... well done, well done!
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Looking good! Of course the caveman in me says it'd be better with some dead flesh :)
    Ha! I'd agree but my M-I-L makes a meat (ground beef and Italian sausage) lasagna at least twice a month and even though I love my M-I-L her lasagna could use a little help... I think some fried sausage will make a nice addition to this recipe in the future along with some spinach.
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Options
    *drool*

Looks great - I love the grilled veggies idea, hadn't thought about that.

I usually like a combo of meat and veggie (meat lasagna's boring, and veggie lasagna's missing meat), but I very well may try this sometime soon.... perhaps this weekend.... *crosses fingers*
    [Insert clever signature line here]