Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

7 Bone Roast X2

miscjamesmiscjames Posts: 78
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Well the in-laws were in town this weekend so I decided to do another 7 Bone Roast X2. Since it was such a big hit last weekend (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1142408/7-bone-beef-roast). This time I got two ~5 pound roasts. I again coated them with a thin layer of Olive oil (NOT extra virgin olive oil). Then I rubbed in Kirkland’s (Costco’s) Steak rub. I let them set out on the counter while I got my egg ready. I started the egg out at ~300 with indirect plate setter. Put in my drip pan about half full of water. This time I slowly adjusted the egg down to 220ish during the cook (but that’s just me, I like the lower temps you could leave it at 300). Then I stacked the roasts on and let them go for about 8 hours (picture of roasts on egg is right before I foiled them). Then I wrapped them up in foil and added a little water to the drippings in the pan (since most of it had evaporated away. Stirred it a little then poured it into the foil. And let it go for ~3 more hours and pulled it at ~160 (my meat thermometer is acting up I got a new one coming) when we got home from church. I should have probably left them on for another hour to get them a little more tinder. But then again the French buns we used were harder to tear then the roast J.  

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 19,591
    Lookin' good!  Nice smoke ring.

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    I'll take mine with double horseradish. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.