Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

7 Bone Roast X2

Options
miscjames
miscjames Posts: 78
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Well the in-laws were in town this weekend so I decided to do another 7 Bone Roast X2. Since it was such a big hit last weekend (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1142408/7-bone-beef-roast). This time I got two ~5 pound roasts. I again coated them with a thin layer of Olive oil (NOT extra virgin olive oil). Then I rubbed in Kirkland’s (Costco’s) Steak rub. I let them set out on the counter while I got my egg ready. I started the egg out at ~300 with indirect plate setter. Put in my drip pan about half full of water. This time I slowly adjusted the egg down to 220ish during the cook (but that’s just me, I like the lower temps you could leave it at 300). Then I stacked the roasts on and let them go for about 8 hours (picture of roasts on egg is right before I foiled them). Then I wrapped them up in foil and added a little water to the drippings in the pan (since most of it had evaporated away. Stirred it a little then poured it into the foil. And let it go for ~3 more hours and pulled it at ~160 (my meat thermometer is acting up I got a new one coming) when we got home from church. I should have probably left them on for another hour to get them a little more tinder. But then again the French buns we used were harder to tear then the roast J.  

Comments