Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Time to start egging!

10Driver10Driver Posts: 88
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
10 o'clock kids are in bed, bourbon poured, time to light the egg. Brisket on soon. Pics to come.

Comments

• 10Driver10Driver Posts: 88
    Dangit in the time it took to write my last post the fire got out of control. Well the ceramic isn't heated up yet so hopefully it will cool down quickly.
  • BaysidebobBaysidebob Posts: 489
    Nothing can go wrong.  One bourbon (OK maybe two) to stabalize temp and flop on meat.  After that you're cruzin'.  If you're not using a remote thermometer with an alarm consume plenty of liquid so you'll wake up in the wee hours.  After that trip down the hall check the BGE to see all is well then flop back out.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • 10Driver10Driver Posts: 88
    8.8# flat rubbed with Red Eye & brown sugar Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos On the egg Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Timing for it to be done by 4 tomorrow. Gives me plenty of leeway if it's done early. I'll ftc for dinner around 6.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks like you are off to a great start.  Lookin good.
    Looks ready to go-Here's to a brisket flat home-run or at least triple.  Flats are all I can get and the window for success is quite narrow. 
    Louisville   L & S BGEs