Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Time to start egging!

10Driver
10Driver Posts: 88
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
10 o'clock kids are in bed, bourbon poured, time to light the egg. Brisket on soon. Pics to come.

Comments

• 10Driver
    Dangit in the time it took to write my last post the fire got out of control. Well the ceramic isn't heated up yet so hopefully it will cool down quickly.
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Nothing can go wrong.  One bourbon (OK maybe two) to stabalize temp and flop on meat.  After that you're cruzin'.  If you're not using a remote thermometer with an alarm consume plenty of liquid so you'll wake up in the wee hours.  After that trip down the hall check the BGE to see all is well then flop back out.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • 10Driver
    8.8# flat rubbed with Red Eye & brown sugar Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos On the egg Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Timing for it to be done by 4 tomorrow. Gives me plenty of leeway if it's done early. I'll ftc for dinner around 6.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Looks like you are off to a great start.  Lookin good.
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Looks ready to go-Here's to a brisket flat home-run or at least triple.  Flats are all I can get and the window for success is quite narrow. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.