Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can i crank up the heat?

anezanez Posts: 122
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just got my egg last saturday. have done 4 low-temp cooks - meatloaf, ribs, salmon (350ish), and butt.

Can i crank up the heat now and sear some steaks and cook some pizza or should i do a few more lower ones to break it in?

Thanks

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,861
    Your gasket will fail no matter what. Fire that bad boy up and let her rip.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Crank it up
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    edited August 2012
    two things you can be certain of taxes will always increase and your gasket will fry no matter what so crank it up 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • anezanez Posts: 122
    nice! thanks guys.
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,486
    Gasket?  We doon need no stinkin' gasket.  Both mine have been fried for about six months now.  When you get up in the morning, and the dome is glued down, be gentle pulling it back apart.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• fire it up dude

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    You can sear at 500, fwiw
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante