Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

May have lost my license to use the egg

setdahooksetdahook Posts: 135
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well I had a horrible cook today, I thought I would try something new with a pork belly low and slow with a homemade teriyaki marinade injected in it. I thought maybe go low and slow render the fat down then crank it up to 400 and try to get it crisp. I am thinking I may have to go back to hot dogs and work up from there.

FAIL!!!! 
·

Comments

• LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Awe,  it't ok, chin up!  Everyone screws up, especially if you are trying something new!
    ·
  • It's alright!  The important part is that you learn or try to figure out where you went wrong so you know where to fix it next time!  I've been keeping a "log book" so to speak of everything I cook & what I do so I can know where to fix things the next time.
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    Think of your buddy in your picture. Who is going to be head "taster" for you? Get back out there and smoke something....at least for the dog!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • WickedIslandWickedIsland Posts: 148
    You don't know until you try and if you don't eat you die. This men's that you have to keep at it.
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 997
    That's a better cut of meat to have a problem with than let's say a prime cut of prime rib roast!!!  Get back on that horse, I mean get back on that deck or patio and kick the next cook's butt.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·