Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introduction and Whole Red Snapper

Options
Plcharfoon
Plcharfoon Posts: 32
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am a long time lurker and occasional poster...thought I should introduce myself.  I'm a veteran Weber kettle guy who's mid-life crisis purchase turned out to be a large Egg (as opposed to a hot car or a Harley!) I build a table home for it and have thoroughly enjoyed learning from this group about the many tips and techniques that make this cooking machine so amazing. I live in the Minneapolis area and in the winter, I usually shovel out a path to my Egg before I get to the driveway! I will try to post more of my cooking projects in the future and look forward to any constructive comments...

Now for my last cook...whole red snapper:

Cut several times diagonal down to the bone on each side, slather in EVOO, garlic, herbs and lemon juice, direct hot till slightly charred (about 5 minutes), turn and remove when flesh begins to give way with a finger poke (about another five minutes with the top down). Must eat with the fingers! Good Egging everyone...

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice cook! looks really good, When I lived in Wisconsin (thhe whole reason I got my egg) I did the same thing. I shoveled out the egg first! I don't miss that, although I'm working on my egg and table today and it is hotter than the surface of the sun out there already. San Diego this is not!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • LongboardR
    LongboardR Posts: 101
    Options

That looks awesome! My dad used to love his fish whole grilled...but with a little Hoison and Soy (Phillipine style). You got me motivated to try it again!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Cooking whole fish, in my opinion, is one of the most flavorful methods.  The bones and skin add a lot of flavor, and it's hard to duplicate the moistness.  We have a big Vietnamese community near us and it's on a lot of menus.
    Options
    Awesome!! That looks amazing. Great job.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Little Steven
    Options
    Nice cook! looks really good, When I lived in Wisconsin (thhe whole reason I got my egg) I did the same thing. I shoveled out the egg first! I don't miss that, although I'm working on my egg and table today and it is hotter than the surface of the sun out there already. San Diego this is not!

Good snapper fishing in Wisconsin?
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Drool. :P

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.