Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Been lurking for a while

OnegrecookOnegrecook Posts: 121
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I've been lurking for a while. I'm a new Egg owner (10 days) and have learned a lot from reading this forum. I built my own table and also purchased a digiq wifi. I was able to get it connected to my network and took advantage of the port forwarding function. I successfully cooked my first rack of ribs while monitoring the pit and food temps from my office. I love that! I hope to gain more knowledge from you all. It's nice to actually be able to post.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·

Comments

• JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Welcome to bliss! Nice looking setup. Time to get it dirty. I would forego the digital stoker until you've mastered manual temp controlling. Either way you're gonna love it.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • OnegrecookOnegrecook Posts: 121
    Certainly will do! I do like the challenge of manual temp control...it's fun to mess with. I'm also a geek for gadgets, so the digiq wifi was on my "that's cool...must have one" list.

Thanks for the compliment on the table...I'm not much of a carpenter but I get by.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,266
    Wow, looks like you got that new electric egg in the first pic.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • OnegrecookOnegrecook Posts: 121
    Lol...I assume you are referring to the cable in the background that appears to be part of the egg? Very observant:)
    ·