Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this what you folks refer to as a packer brisket?

Options
Rubmyrock
Rubmyrock Posts: 266
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just bought this at Sam's Club in Charlotte NC. Looks as though this one is significantly cheaper than the briskests labeled flats..

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just bought this at Sam's Club in Charlotte NC. Looks as though this one is significantly cheaper than the briskests labeled flats.. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

yep. Winner, winner, brisket dinner
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Rubmyrock
    Options
    Only one of these here. The flats were almost twice as much. Looking forward to this cook. Never had a decent piece of brisket. The stuff they Call brisket at restaurants in these parts I wouldn't hit a dying dog I the ass with it.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ya know, MOST bbq restaurants suck around here too. However, we happen to have some of the the best brisket in the world so that makes up for it. I ate a brisket sammy yesterday at a new trailer by my house (we have over 3000 food trailers in this town and most are freaking amaizing). It was so bush league I couldn't believe they were even in business. I told my wife I was going to take some of this brisket I'm cooking tonight and drop it off at the counter tomorrow and lob the bird as I drove off. She said she was going to stay home for that.
  • Rubmyrock
    Options
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Awesome, you got one!  Ok you joining the group cook?  Who else?
  • Rubmyrock
    Options
    Of course! I had planned on pork for tomorrow but saw your post and was GREEN with envy. Brisket it is!
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    @Rubmyrock, what are you rubbing it with? I recommend taking your Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and mixing it 50/50 with turbinado sugar. The Dizzy Pig guys have that recipe on their website for brisket. It worked great for me on my last brisket even though I only found a flat. The brisket could have been better but the bark was awesome. Since you found a whole packer you should be good to go. And does that say $24? That seems out of bounds cheap. I think you got a bargain. Congrats.
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Oh man, I wish it was $24 nope I paid $70 bucks.  My hubby just about fainted when he saw the price.  But after looking all day, it was a mission and I didn't care, I was getting one!  
  • Rubmyrock
    Options
    That was going to be my next question! That's what I'll do! Thanks and I'll update with pics
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I think I saw you had some redeye too? That is awesome on brisket