Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Shrimp appetizer and a partial indirect trick

NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,237
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Our 12 y/o son is heading out tomorrow morning for a week of fishing in FL and he wanted seafood on the Egg for his last dinner before the trip.  I made a shrimp scampi style appetizer first. 

I was going to grill something direct after this but wanted to cook these indirect.  To avoid having to mess with swapping out a hot plate setter, I just put a piece of stoneware on the grate and cooked these on top of it.  Not a big deal and nothing original, but I use this "partial indirect" method a good bit.

I put 5-6 peeled and deveined shrimp each in some oven boats.  I put some butter cubes (about 1-1.5 Tbsp), some chopped garlic, black pepper and a Tbsp of white wine in each boat.

I put them on my large Egg at 450f and cooked until they turned pink, about 7-8 minutes.

When they came out I seasoned them with a little salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.

This sauce is so good that you HAVE to serve it with some "sopping bread" so I had some red pepper & cilantro toast to go with it.

This was "powerful good" and a GREAT appetizer.  We'll definitely be doing this for company at some point. 

The Egg is down to 350f now and I have the salmon ready to go on.  Going plank style and seasoned with DP Raging River. 

Comments