Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thai food for the 4th *pics*

FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
So here are the pics as promised.  The recipe was taught by a friend so I'm not gonna post his recipe, but you can see most of the ingredients here as well as part of the process.  I'm guessing there are similar recipes online anyways :)  

Charcoal Beef with dipping sauce, and chicken satay with peanut sauce, veggies, herbs, and sticky rice.
Beef marinade
Chicken marinade

Various ingredients for sauce and side veg:

Steaks on the grill

·

Comments

• FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
    And the final pic of all food together before serving:

·
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Very nice! Looks delicious!
    ·
    Thanks, it's an interesting dish in that you customize each bite of the beef.  You wrap in lettuce and grab a leaf of cilantro then dip, or wrap with mint and eat with a cucumber slice dipped, etc.  Makes it fun for kids, or groups of people because we are always after that perfect mixture in one bite.

Frank
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Thanks for sharing. It really looks delicious!
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Looks and sounds great!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 562
    looks great but i never understood the "im gonna post pics of what i ate but out of respect wont post the recipe".. i get it if you were Colonel Harland Sanders.
    ·
  • TexasTimTexasTim Posts: 4
    ^^^^^^^
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    edited July 2012
    secret ingredients, reminds me of kung fu panda.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • rustypottsrustypotts Posts: 265
    I have a bottle of fish sauce in the pantry that a friend gave me and I've never opened it.  You have inspired me to use it!  Now ask that buddy if he will share.......
    ·

XL, if I were posting the recipe I'd put it in the recipe section.  Since I wasn't I put it in the main egghead forum.  I see lots of cooks here without the recipe, in fact I saw many of them yesterday for the 4th.  Respect is a hard thing to understand so I'm not faulting you, just explaining myself.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Frank

·