Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI Skillet Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

The pineapple upside down cake was such a success Sunday, I had to follow it up with another dessert. Wasn't sure what it would be till I stumbled on this recipe and I knew I had to make it.

I've been holding out on using the Komodo Sustainable Coconut Charcoal waiting for the perfect cook and it hit me yesterday....dessert would be perfect!!

I broke up about 7 pieces into 3 pieces each to top off my remaining charcoal

Glad I did, because it seem like only the ends would really catch. What surprised me was that it did not spark...AT ALL!! And it gave off a sweet, sugary smell as it burned.

I whipped up the cookie dough and pressed it down into a 10" CI skillet and put it on the Egg at 375ish.

About 40 minutes later it was done.

Gotta have some Blue Bell with that

Oh man....this stuff was soooo good! I could have just eaten that for dinner (and might have since Mrs. G was out of town.) Edges had a nice bite to them and the center was moist and chewy. Paired with some ice cream. Man oh man was that good.

And after an almost 4 hour long burn, this was what was left.

I'm impressed with this charcoal on first use. need to use it some more, but I like it.

For the recipe and more yummy pictures Click HERE

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Hey Grid, was that lump given to use as a sample? I'm wondering how much it runs

Looks like a great product ( good airflow, good burn, what about temps?) if theprice is right.

Btw, that cookie does look good especially with the ala' mode.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576

Everything looks great.  My gf is going to beg me now to make it, which I am ok with.

For that lump, are there any additives similar to briquettes?

• Griffin

A buddy of mine, Hornhonk (I think he stays on the other forum) gave me some to try. I think it runs about $30 -40 a box....and that's 20lbs! :-O

Naked Whiz reviewed it HERE

Rowlett, Texas

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Griffin,

Looks awesome and my wife and daughter already told me I have to make this. I saw the recipe on your blog (Your blog is awesome, by the way) but was curious on egg setup and temps you cooked.

Thanks,

Buckeye Bob
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852

A buddy of mine, Hornhonk (I think he stays on the other forum) gave me some to try. I think it runs about $30 -40 a box....and that's 20lbs! :-O

Naked Whiz reviewed it HERE

Thanks Griff, 
    ok, at 28\20lb box I might try it to see if it's that good, but not at 30-40.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • KingRover
    KingRover Posts: 115

Wow that looks good.

• Griffin
    Griffin, Looks awesome and my wife and daughter already told me I have to make this. I saw the recipe on your blog (Your blog is awesome, by the way) but was curious on egg setup and temps you cooked. Thanks, Buckeye Bob
    Oh....thought I included it on there. Brain was a bit fuzzy this morning from the Bulleit. It was placesetter legs down, three green feet and then a 10" CI Skillet running 375-380ish on the dome temp for about 40 minutes. I think mine actually went 42, but you might want to start checking around 35 to see how done it is. I rotated it twice during the cook to ensure even cooking.

Rowlett, Texas