Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flat Iron Steak marinated in red wine, hot sausage with honey appetizer

Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
edited June 2012 in Cookbook
Marinated the steak in red wine, then coated with olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic.  Seared at 600 degrees for 4 minutes a side to internal temp of 135.  Let rest in foil for 10 minutes before slicing.  Turned out more tender than a filet.  The heat of the sausage and the sweet of the honey make one of my favorite appetizers.  

Comments

• tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    I like your idea on the flat iron steak. Looks great!
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • Airwolf
    Airwolf Posts: 76
    Have you tried the baking the potatoes without using the foil?  I like doing it that way because the skins get a little crispier.

I coat them with some olive oil, kosher salt and bake.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    I have done them that way as well. Since I was doing a hot cook, thought I'd recreate the baked potato of my childhood. Prior to wrapping in foil, I cut an X and place a slab of butter, then salt liberally Skin ends up burned, black and delicious. I actually throw out the inside of the potato and just eat the skin.